Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What the Big Boys are looking at

Here are two examples of what these guys are shorting (Click to Enlarge)

http://www.rvd.gov.hk/en/doc/statistics/graph1.pdf
It’s a no brainer if you ask me; I don’t think it will take much of a slowdown in China for this market to run into trouble.  If you take a
forensic look at what the Hedge Funds, Banks, and Structured Finance
Arrangers are doing to the underlying market; infecting it with structured finance schemes which act like a cancer, at the same time act as fuel for the asset bubble—similar to what Magnatar was accused of doing back in 2007.

I almost hate to call these guys game out because it’s a great trade and I wish I had the means to put it on (in an ethical, honest fashion).  That last part I don’t believe is possible for these guys as they are just too big; instead they resort to fraud, deceit, and downright thievery in order to build a market large enough for them to short.  

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/6416.0 The methods in which the Banks, Funds, and Arrangers employ for this will be the topic of future entries.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.


Donny

No comments:

Post a Comment